Houston Industrial Accident Lawyer
Industrial workers such as construction workers, plant employees, millworkers, and oilfield workers have some of the most dangerous jobs in the United States. Adherence to state and federal safety regulations is essential. When employers fail to meet these regulations, their workers are the ones that suffer. Thousands of industrial workers are injured and killed every year due to preventable on the job injuries.
If you or someone you love was injured at the workplace, you may be entitled to compensation either through your employer's insurance or by way of a lawsuit. Contact our firm to discuss your case!
Common Industrial Accidents
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration or "OSHA" is tasked with investigating and regulating workplaces throughout the nation. Employers are required by law to report all serious and injury-causing accidents to OSHA. OSHA compiles this data and has arrived at a list of the top ten causes of industrial accidents.
- Failure to implement fall protection for construction workers
- Failure to properly communicate workplace hazards to employees
- Poor placement or manufacturing of scaffolding for construction workers
- Failure to require, enforce, or provide respiratory protection for industrial workers
- Improper wiring methods for electrical installation and placement
- Failure to follow necessary safety precautions for industrial trucks
- Improper use of ladders or defective ladders in the construction industry
- Failure to control hazardous energy products and substances
- Poor design of electrical systems causing electrical fires and burns
- Improper use machinery, defective machinery, and poor machine guards
Houston's Largest Industrial Worksites
There are more than 10,000 manufacturing establishments in the city of Houston alone. Many of these are metal or electronic manufacturing plants. Some of Houston's top industrial worksites include:
- Hewlett Packard
- Marathon Oil
- Baker Hughes
Industry in the city of Houston is wide ranging, with industrial plants and worksites ranging from petrochemicals to aerospace.
Contacting a Houston On the Job Injury Attorney
If you live or work in the greater Houston area and you were injured on the job, contact a Houston workplace injury attorney at Stern Law Group. Our lawyers are aggressive advocates for injured workers, and never quit until our clients get the compensation they deserve. To learn more about how Stern Law Group could help you after a work accident, call (877) 661-9900 today.